All the things you need you to know to feel good about sending your child to our summer soccer camps in July!
1. What does my child need to bring?
- Be fully dressed to play: That means shorts, soccer socks, shin guards, t-shirt and ready with both outdoor and indoor soccer shoes. Kids need to have both set of shoes ready every day in case it rains and we need to go indoors.
- Water bottle & sunscreen: Every camper will also need a water bottle, snacks for the day and their own sunscreen to the SPF level of the parents liking.
- Lunch & snacks: If you are not purchasing the optional lunch, your child will need to bring a lunch and snacks. Our camp is nut-free! For the safety of all campers, only nut-free snacks and lunches are permitted.
- Extra socks: We recommend campers bring an extra pair of soccer socks, in case their shoes are rubbing or their feet get too sweaty from a busy morning.
- Medications or allergy medicines: If your child has serious medical concerns or allergies, will do our best to accommodate them, so all kids can play. Fill out the details on the registration form and we’ll be in touch.
2. Is there a skill-level requirement to participate?
No. Kids of all skill levels are welcome! From beginner to advanced, if your child loves the game and wants to get better, they’ll fit right in. We will put your child into a skill group based on their experience and age and challenge them appropriately. Our goal is to give every camper the best experience possible, and instill in them a love of the game.
3. How safe is the camp?
Your child’s safety is our first priority. We have:
- Detailed safety procedures to keep campers organized on and off the field, including for bathroom breaks.
- Emergency plans for minor and major injuries, as well detailed plans for when the weather changes. The Crestwood Curling club serves as our base camp and offers us key amenities in dealing with emergencies.
- All coaches are First-Aid certified, and we’ll have your child’s medical information handy in case of an emergency.
- We won’t hesitate to call you in cases of emergencies or have a question about your child. Our camp counsellor is an elementary school teacher who will keep close tabs on all kids at the camp.
- 8:1 child-to-adult ratio is our plan. It allows for optimal personal attention for every camper.
All this means you can rest assured, your child will be safe and secure with us.
3. What happens if it rains?
The camps go on, rain or shine. We will never cancel camps because of weather, because we have a back-up plan. In case of rain or bad weather, we will go inside Crestwood Curling Club to continue the camp day. And when it’s nice out, we’re on the field at Crestwood School.
4. Who do I contact at the camp in case of an emergency?
Just before the camp your child has registered for we will send you important contact information. You’ll be able to quickly contact one of our senior camp coordinators, any time you need. We will also always have your child’s medical information with us out on the field, and the emergency contact information you provided. Trust that you can reach us, and we can reach you, very quickly.
5. Who are the coaches and what are their qualifications?
Our coaches are highly-trained, NCCP and First Aid Certified. They have considerable experience with the game and with coaching kids. All are first aid certified, and all have cleared vulnerable-sector and criminal-record checks. Meet our coaches here.
6. Refund Policy:
Refund is possible if you cancel within 28 days prior to the first day of your registered camp. A $15.00 administration fee will be applied. Footie Camp reserves the right to cancel a camp because of low enrolment at any time. In cases where Footie Camp cancels, you will be issued a full refund.