8:30-8:45 a.m. – Check-in
- Drop off your child at Crestwood Curling Club and check in with your coach.
- Every child is assigned a coach.
- You will check-in/out with the same coach each day.
- Head upstairs to put away lunches, get water bottles, and walk to the soccer field.
- In case of bad weather, we go back down to the floor of the curling club.
9:00-12:00 noon – Morning Skills
- Campers go through a number of skill-building stations, focusing on technique.
- These include: trapping, dribbling, passing, shooting, field of vision, foot speed and faints, just to name a few.
- We’ll build each camper’s skills and confidence to perform these in game situations.
- It won’t get too serious – all stations will be fun, and a few will just be crazy wacky!
- This session includes a break and plenty of opportunities for a sip of water.
12:00-12:45 p.m. – Lunch
- Coach will take your child to lunch, and sits with them. Some days, they’ll let kids be kids.
- Other days, coaches will actively engage campers during lunch to talk about their morning session.
- They may watch game footage or cool moves, posted on social media, to try out in the afternoon.
- Campers will be encouraged with evening “homework” to find videos showing skills they’d like to learn.
1:00–4:00 p.m. – Afternoon Skills
- Campers will go through a different set of skill stations.
- Focus will be to reinforce principles learned in the morning, but also to break out of the box and have a bit more fun.
- We’ll put those skills to use in game situations and continue to get a bit wacky now and again.
- There will be an afternoon break in the middle of this session and plenty of opportunities for a sip of water.
4:00 p.m. – Wrap-up
- Head back to curling club where we will have fun with tight-space challenges.
- We’ll wind down the day, and get campers ready for pick-up.
5:00–5:15 p.m. – Pick-up
- You (or another person approved to do pick-up on your registration form) will arrive for pick-up.
- We’ll give your child a high five, they’ll tell you about their awesome day, and likely fall asleep on the ride home 🙂 .