8 reasons Footie Camp is the best soccer camp in Edmonton:
Your kids will learn 1-on-1 from pro athletes who’ve played at the highest levels of soccer. They’ll ask them questions, watch them move, learn what it took them to become the best. Here’s why they choose to be involved with us:
- ELITE COACHES: Every day, your child will work with Edmonton’s top coaches and athletes. Our coaches are competitive athletes who’ve competed at the highest levels and are trained to NCCP standard. They also have experience coaching kids, and know how to motivate them to learn and have fun.
- SAFETY FIRST: Your child’s safety is our first priority. All coaches are first aid certified, and have all cleared vulnerable sector and criminal record checks. We have detailed emergency plans and daily procedures to ensure your child’s security. An elementary school teacher will be on supervision duty every day and serves as our camp counsellor. They’ll help your child if they are having a tough day and need a little extra attention. They will also ensure good behaviour and help campers enjoy their experience.
- GROUPED BY SKILL: Every level of player needs to master core skills. A beginner or a pro, your child will play alongside peers of similar skill and age, so they are appropriately challenged. And while campers are encouraged to learn at their own pace, our coaches will gently ease them out of their comfort zones to advance their skills and confidence. All this in a fun, non-competitive environment!
- PERSONAL ATTENTION: We plan for an 8:1 coach-to-player ratio for optimal coaching, personal attention and close supervision to ensure they learn and have fun.
- WE WILL NEVER CANCEL: Weather doesn’t affect our camps because we have planned for it. In case of bad weather, we will go inside the spacious Crestwood Curling Club, and work on foot skills while staying dry and comfortable.
- CONVENIENT SCHEDULE: We’ve designed the camp to suit an average workday schedule. You can conveniently drop off your child before work, and pick them up after you’re done.
- HEALTHY LUNCH: Unlike the typical burger-and-fries lunch other camps offer, our optional lunch program is healthy and nutritious. Lunches are catered by local eatery, Knosh Catering. Your child can (for an additional $35/week) get a delicious, balanced meal made fresh daily.
- GIVING BACK: By sending your child to Footie Camp, you help 1,300 kids living in poverty in Edmonton, play soccer for free. That’s because all proceeds from camps go to Free Footie. We hope that’s a goal you can get behind!